Welcome to the Teapot Nebula.

One Hundred Words. Infinite Worlds.

A small glimpse further into my mind, its a dark place with many cobwebs and often forgotten about. This blog was about drabbles, but has evolved into a few other random writings, or witterings when I'm not abandoning it alltogether for other crafty pursuits.

Friday 13 November 2009

Midnight Butterflies

In the garden where the butterflies slept, hidden among the blooms, a girl danced in a white lace gown. The moon hangs low in velvet fabric of the sky, and the stars let down their brittle light. The cloying sent of night blossoming jasmine and gardenia perfume the air. Dewdrops sparkle like jewels.
Green grass, sharp as the finest blade, that cuts deep.
Droplets of scarlet on white.
A whispering of gossamer wings.
A flutter of night dark butterflies fill the air.
Butterflies with angry mouths and sharp white teeth.
An anguished cry as the butterflies feed on crimson blood.


*the image was a clipart butterfly that I messed about with and added the blood spatter. The image wasn't for this drabble its for a short story I haven't written but when I finished making the picture the scene for the drabble popped into my brain so I had to write it.

No comments: