Welcome to the Teapot Nebula.

One Hundred Words. Infinite Worlds.

A small glimpse further into my mind, its a dark place with many cobwebs and often forgotten about. This blog was about drabbles, but has evolved into a few other random writings, or witterings when I'm not abandoning it alltogether for other crafty pursuits.

Tuesday 30 June 2009

Darling Buds

“Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May.”
“What?”
“It’s a line from a Shakespearian sonnet.”
“A bonnet?”
“No a sonnet, a poem by Shakespeare the Bard, the greatest writer in the history of the English Language.”
“Poetry is for losers.”
“Poetry is a form of literary art, it has heart , meaning, cultural significance..”
“Culture like them things they grow in the labs?”
“Culture as in society, humanity, people”
“Labs is where they make the viruses that’ll turn us all to zombies.”
“I don’t know why I try”
“Do ya think zombies write poetry? I’d read that.”
“Er…No.”

Chimera writing group prompt: bud

No comments: